Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Son of Neptune


If there's one thing I love, it's a good book. And this holidays, I found one. It's Rick Riordan's newest book in his 'Heroes of Olympus' series, a series which brings mythology into modern times.

Charlotte and I had been waiting for this book for months. We've avidly read his other books, and followed every new instalment with great excitement. So, when we got this book, we were thrilled.

One at a time we devoured the book, 'Son of Neptune' in one day apiece. It held us lost in its hundreds of pages filled with monsters, heroes and gods for hours on end. We couldn't put it down until we finished the last words.

There's something wonderful about a book like that, a book you enjoy so much you want to read it all over again the moment you finish it.

I love all Rick Riordan's books. He's such a good writer. I want to be in his exciting worlds, talking to fauns and fighting with swords. Or at least I want to read his next instalment. Which means waiting for him to write the next book!

3 comments:

  1. One of the things I want to do this year is finish the first series. I loved the first book, but couldn't find the second in the library. :(

    Maybe I'll just have to buy them! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam Forster, I was lucky and found all the books in the library. But they're well worth buying if you can't get them at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book! I really can't wait for 'The Mark of Athena'. :)

    ReplyDelete