Friday, January 27, 2012

Seven and Seven


Gemma-Rose and I were 7 and 7. Well, 7 and 17, but we dropped the 1. After all, you can have so much more fun together when you're the same age. And we have lots of fun together.

Every morning we tie our running shoes on together (I'm 17 when tying her laces). Then, hand in hand, we skip down to the soccer field together. Together we drop off our water bottles, and set off round the field, matching each other stride for stride. Then, having run a million laps (well, maybe 10) we trot off home for our matching sized breakfasts.

We cook together too. Gemma-Rose performs the important spoon and bowl licking operations, as well as mixing everything together. And taste testing, the best part. She helps me measure ingredients together. She hold the measuring cup, and I pour. We make a great team.

She even has a special name for me. I'm her Cinderella, her special twin. But now-horror of horrors- she's not 7 any more. She's 8! There is no more 7&7 for us now.

I guess we'll just have to resort to addition. 1+7 anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Little sisters are the bomb! They are sooooo much fun!
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same thing with me-- my little sis and I were 17&7 but she just turned 8. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. You girls are so sweet! How special to have such a close relationship. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 + 7 totally works! This was SO SWEET. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete