Monday, January 2, 2012

My Artistic Notebook


Recently Mum started a new blog. It was to be a blog for pictures, not words. And on it, she posted photos of whatever was going on in our lives.

I loved the idea, and lived in jealousy of her wonderful blog and blog idea. Until a couple of days ago, when I decided to make my own pictures blog. A blog without words, a blog where the pictures are the most important thing in the post. In fact, the fewer words the better.

I like writing blog posts for this blog. But sometimes I want to do something with pictures, something that wouldn't fit with the rest of this blog. My new blog will do this for me. Already, in the couple of posts I have up, I've really started enjoying playing with the pictures, trying out new, free photo editing programs, thinking of new ways to spice up a picture.

My new blog Imogen's Notebook, is my online diary, a place where I can be artistic, without using my limited art abilities. I'm looking forwards to many posts of awesome pictures, and much fun with editing.

For those who'd like to see my new blog, here is the link: Imogen's Notebook

4 comments:

  1. That's a cool idea for a blog. I'll check it out now.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And I love that picture you have here. Best of luck with the new one :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks David. I'm so enjoying playing around with the pictures. I doubt anyone will be very interested in my new blog, but it's an outlit for any excess creativity that can't be expressed in words. As they say 'A picture is worth a thousand words.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Allen, that picture is actually another version of the picture that is my new profile. I took it to a free photo editing site that's on the internet called 'BeFunky'. All the pictures on my new blog have so far been edited on that site.

    ReplyDelete